Xiaomi has patented an unusual hidden camera that allows you to shoot in two directions through an innovative solution. The corresponding patent was approved only at the beginning of this year, and now the resource Letsgodigital has created high-quality renders based on the patent images.
The camera modules are located on the top of the smartphone and are directed upwards. To reflect the image that is captured by the sensor, a retractable mirror element is used, which can not only be extended, but also rotated. That is, with the help of one system of hidden cameras, you can take both regular photos and selfies. As a result, when the cameras are not in use, they cannot be seen from the back or front of the smartphone.
So, the technology can be used to take photos and record videos, as well as detect faces and unlock the phone, as detailed in the patent description.
It is currently unknown if Xiaomi is using a similar camera in one of the upcoming smartphones that will be released this year. Currently, Xiaomi is preparing to release its first smartphone with a sub-screen camera.
Xiaomi’s first foldable smartphone with a huge flexible screen caught in real life
The Chinese subway is a magical and very fishy place for those who want to see the as-yet-unannounced devices live. Many future devices were noticed on the subways in Shenzhen and other cities long before the presentation. This time, a potential Xiaomi’s foldable smartphone was spotted on the subway.
Previously, Xiaomi demonstrated prototypes, but now we are talking about a finished device that is already being tested in real life. By the way, the device looks like the drawings that we saw in one of the Xiaomi patents.
The photos show a smartphone in the style of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold with a flexible screen that folds inward. You can also notice the settings interface of the MIUI 12 user interface.
Xiaomi has been working on foldable smartphones for years, but a commercial device is likely to be released in 2021. The new photos confirm the reality of the upcoming release.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite will debuts simultaneously with the Mi 11 Global version
Xiaomi is preparing for the international launch of the flagship Xiaomi Mi 11, as well as the announcement of its more expensive version – Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro. However, another smartphone will launch soon – a more affordable version: the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite.
According to sources, the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite will be launched on the international market at the same time as the flagship Xiaomi Mi 11.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite has already been certified by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) and also received the approval of the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
Also, according to preliminary data, the Snapdragon 732G SoC will be the basis. Also among the characteristics are 6 GB of RAM and 64 or 128 GB of flash memory, a main camera with 64, 8 and 5 megapixel sensors, an LCD display with an image refresh rate of 120 Hz, a battery with a capacity of 4150 mAh with support for 33 W charging.
Recall that Xiaomi Mi 11 immediately became a super hit – in just 5 minutes on January 1, 350 thousand devices were bought. And on the weekend, top managers of Xiaomi celebrated with a cake overcoming the milestone of 500 thousand smartphones sold.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the Xiaomi Mi 11 standard version.
Xiaomi Mi 11 specifications
- 6.81-inch (3200×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1500nit (HBM); 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 128GB; 256GB UFS 3.1 storage; / 12GB 3200MHz LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.85 aperture, OIS, LED flash; 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture; 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- In-screen fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: 164.3x 74.6 x 8.06mm (glass)/8.56mm (leather); Weight: 196g (glass) / 194g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x; MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4600mAh (Typical) / 4500mAh (Minimum) battery with 55W wired QC4+ / QC3+ / PD3.0; 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging