Over the last couple of years, Samsung has really changed its software game when it comes to Galaxy devices. I still remember the time when I was using Galaxy S8 as my primary smartphone and its software experience wasn’t the best thing out there. Since then, Samsung has ditched its older software for the cleaner One UI and with that arrived the extra attention on updates.
You can certainly see how seriously Samsung is taking its software support. Samsung was one of the few companies that were on the Android 11 update spree. In fact, the chaebol managed to push the update to budget and mid-range devices as well. Well, Samsung is now taking things up a notch by committing to four years of security updates to some of its Galaxy devices.
Your Galaxy device might now get four years of software support!
According to a recent announcement, Samsung has promised to offer four years of software support to its numerous Galaxy devices. Of course, the company has added a plethora of devices to this new policy. In fact, any Galaxy devices released since 2019 would be eligible for four years of security updates. You can find the complete list down below.
- Galaxy S series: S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 Ultra 5G, S20 trio including the 5G variants, S20 FE, S10, S10+, S10e, s10TG, and S10 Lite.
- Note series: Note 20, Note 20 5G, Note 20 Ultra, Note 20 Ultra 5G, Note 10 lineup with 5G, Note 10 Lite
- Galaxy Foldable devices: Fold, Fold 5G, Z Fold 2, Z Fold 2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G
Apart from all the above-mentioned flagship devices, Samsung has also added its tablet offerings along with mid-rangers and budget smartphones.
- Galaxy Tab series: Tab S7 lineup, Tab S6 series, Tab S5e, Tab A7, Tab A 8.4 (2020), Tab A with S Pen, Tab A 8 (2019), Tab Active 3, Tab Active Pro
- Galaxy XCover series: XCover4s, XCover FieldPro, XCover Pro
- A series: A42, A32, A12, A02s, A71, A51, A41, A31, A21s, A21, A11, A90, A80, A70s, A70, A60, A50s, A50, A40, A30s, A30, A20s, A20, A10s, A10, A10e
- M series: M51, M31, M31s, M21, M12, M11, M40, M30s, M30, M20, M10s
If you own any of the devices mentioned above, then you will be eligible for four years of software support from Samsung. It is worth noting that we’re talking about security patches be it monthly or quarterly. Apart from this, Samsung is already offering three years of Android OS upgrades on these devices as well