Since the official launch of the Xiaomi 12X, there has been a price cut for the basic model. However, the top version is now getting its first-ever price reduction since its launch. According to the Xiaomi JD.com flagship store, the top version of Xiaomi 12X 12GB + 256GB now sells for 3299 yuan ($518). This is 300 yuan ($47) cheaper than the original price.
This device is the cheapest version of the Xiaomi 12 series. Like the Xiaomi 12, the Xiaomi 12X is also a small-screen flagship. The screen size of both smartphones is 6.28 inches, and the body width is only 69.9mm. Thus, the Xiaomi 12X can be operated with one hand stress-free. Furthermore, the weight of this device is only 176g and it feels excellent.
The device comes with the reputable Snapdragon 870 flagship processor (the Xiaomi 12 uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 flagship processor). The battery capacity is 4500 mAh and it supports 67W wired fast charging. The Xiaomi 12X does not support wireless charging. PS: Xiaomi 12 not only supports 67W wired but also 50W wireless.
Gizchina News of the week
In addition, the Xiaomi 12X also comes with the MIUI 13 operating system pre-installed. Thanks to the breakthrough in the underlying core technology of the operating system, compared with the enhanced version of MIUI 12.5, the fluency of MIUI 13 has increased by 15%~52%, and the fluency of system applications has increased by 20% ~26%. Also, the frame rate dropped by more than 90% in multiple high-frequency usage scenarios. In addition, the MIUI 13 system has added three privacy protection functions: face verification protection, privacy watermarking, and fraud protection, which can protect ID photos and provide users with full-link-level protection against fraud.
Xiaomi 12X specifications
- 6.28-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 1100 nits brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 11
- 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.56″ Sony IMX766 sensor, f/1.88 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 8K video recording
- 32MP front-facing camera with 80.5 Fov
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Harman Kardon tuning, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 152.7×69.9×8.16mm; Weight: 176g
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 67W wired fast charging