Two weeks ago, OnePlus Ace premiered in China, which became a reimagined version of Realme GT Neo 3. Sales of new items have already started and, unfortunately, the launch of the smartphone did not go smoothly. There are those who, from the very first days of using OnePlus Ace, regretted purchasing it. The company failed to avoid problems with the new smartphone.
Some users have complained that the OnePlus Ace has severe heat dissipation issues that don’t seem to be fixable by software. It turned out that during the gameplay, when the smartphone gives maximum performance, there is a strong heating of the case and it is extremely uncomfortable to hold the smartphone in your hands. Someone reports heating up to 46.5 °C, but there is a user who stated that at peak load the case “fired up” to 60.4 °C.
OnePlus is already aware of the issue and has commented. Actually, it does not see any problem and states that the high temperature of the smartphone during the game is a common occurrence. It considers this behavior of OnePlus Ace normal and expected. However, this does not affect the daily operation of the smartphone.
OnePlus Ace suffers from overheating: The company claims this is normal
Gizchina News of the week
Such a response from the company disappointed fans and they see that in the pursuit of a thin and light case, engineers sacrificed a heat sink. In addition, the liquid cooling system installed inside is clearly not up to the task.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the OnePlus Ace smartphone.
OnePlus Ace specifications
- 6.7-inch (2412×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 120Hz AMOLED display with up to 950 nits peak brightness
- Octa Core (4 x 2.85GHz A78 + 4 x 2.0GHz A55) Dimensity 8100-Max 5nm processor with Mali-G510 MC6 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1 (OxygenOS 12 for global)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, f/1.88 aperture, LED flash; 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens with Sony IMX355 sensor, f/2.2 aperture; 2MP macro camera with GC02M1 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 4K 30fps video recording
- 16MP front-facing camera with Samsung S5K3P9SP sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 163.3×75.5×8.2mm; Weight: 186g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5)/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (typical) / 4400mAh (minimum) battery with 150W SuperVOOC fast charging
The smartphone is priced at 2499 yuan (US$ 287) for 8GB + 128GB, 2699 yuan (US$ 418) for 8GB + 256GB, 2999 yuan (US$ 464) for 12GB + 256GB and the top-end 12GB + 512GB model costs 3499 yuan (US$ 542). It was on sale in China from April 26th.