The Macbook Air has been the choice of many a local Chinese netbook factory to base their entry level machines on. These machines have become popular due to there great looks and very affordable prices. Problem is every Chinese clone maker in Shenzhen is making an Air clone and the market has become a little saturated and stale.
Kai Sheng Technology saw this stagnation as a perfect opportunity to move to the next level of Apple knock off with this, their ION 2 powered Macbook Pro clone.
The design is a pure carbon copy of the Macbook Pro’s even down to the use of material (Magnesium alloy in the clones case).
The screen pictured is a 14 inch model, although they do have an 11.6 inch model in the works too.
The planned launch for the Macbook Pro clone mid April (around the same time as the iPad clone posted earlier) Although Kai Sheng hope to attract big brands for bulk sale we’re sure a few will ‘fall off the back of a lorry’ and end up on the net for sale.
Full spec after the jump!
- CPU Type: N450/D510 + ION2
- Motherboard Chipset: NM10 + ION2
- Memory: 1G-2G DDR2
- Hard :160-320G
- Nvidia’s discrete graphics GT218Ion2
- Screen: 14.1 inch HD screen
- Resolution: 1366X768
- Wireless LAN: 802.11a/b/g wireless protocol support
- Built-in Bluetooth
- Camera: 1.3 mega pixel high-definition camera
- Card Description: 100Mbps network card
- Interface: 3 × USB2.0
- 4 in 1 card reader SD / MMC / MS / MS pro
- HDMI Output
- O.S: Linux
- Weight 1.8KG
- Full body aluminum-magnesium alloy
- Battery: Standard optional 4400 mA 2800 mah