Huawei has officially released the P40 series of flagship smartphones. At a press conference, Richard Yu, the CEO of Huawei consumer business has responded to the previous remarks about the failure of the Huawei P40 series of phones to use a high refresh rate screens.
Richard Yu said that Huawei P40 Pro mobile phones can naturally also use a 120Hz screen, but considering the power consumption of the mobile phone and other aspects, the 90Hz screen is eventually used. The CEO said that the 90Hz screen of Huawei P40 Pro / P40 Pro + has been optimized to be very smooth.
It is worth mentioning that Huawei has launched a total of three new models including P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro+, of which the P40 Standard version has a screen refresh rate of 60 Hz, and the P40 Pro and P40 Pro + screen refresh rates are 90 Hz.
According to data released by Richard Yu, Huawei’s consumer business has achieved sales revenue of 467.3 billion yuan in 2019, a year-on-year increase of 34%. The smartphone shipments exceeded 240 million units, and the global smartphone market share is the second behind Samsung. Its R&D expenses reached 131.7 billion yuan, accounting for 15.3% of annual sales.
HUAWEI P40 PRO AND P40 PRO+ SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.58-inch (2640 x 1200 pixels) Flex OLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 HDR
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB RAM with 256GB / 512GB storage
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.1
- Dual SIM
- P40 Pro – 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS. 40MP ultra-wide cine camera with f/1.8 aperture. 12MP RYYB periscope camera with f/3.4 aperture, OIS, 5x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom. ToF camera for depth sensing, dual-tone LED flash, 4k video recording at 60fps, ISO 51200 and 7680fps Ultra Slow-Motion video capture
- P40 Pro+ – 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS, 40MP ultra-wide cine camera with f/1.8 aperture, 8MP periscope camera with f/4.4 aperture, OIS, 10x optical zoom, 8MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, OIS, 3x optical zoom, ToF camera for depth sensing, 20x Hybrid Zoom, 100x Max Zoom, dual-tone LED flash, 4k video recording at 60fps, ISO 51200 and 7680fps Ultra Slow-Motion video capture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, IR Depth / Gesture Camera for pro bokeh, Face unlock, 4k video recording
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- P40 Pro Dimensions: 158.2×72.6×8.95mm; Weight: 209g
- P40 Pro+ Dimensions: 158.2×72.6x9mm; Weight: 226g
- USB Type-C Audio
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz). Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4200mAh battery with 40W SuperCharge, 27W / 40W (Pro+) Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge.